In Focus

​The New Financial Year has started are you prepared?

Teleisha Thomas

Teleisha Thomas

July 2017

In most cases premiums paid for your investment property are tax deductible*.

Now is the perfect opportunity to also review your insurance arrangements for your investment property and here are a few questions to help you do just that:

Does your current policy….

  • cover damage caused by tenant’s pets?
  • cover accidental damage including clandestine drug labs?
  • cover flood damage?
  • cover losses suffered when your tenant is on a month-to-month lease?

If you are unsure of any of the above, it may be time to review your policy.

Contact your Jellis Craig Property manager to arrange a quote for a specialised landlord insurance policy today.

Article supplied by EBM on behalf of Avenue Financial.  *As a general rule, insurance premiums for investment properties are tax deductible, please check with your accountant. Our advice about insurance is provided for your general information and does not take into account your individual needs.  You should read the Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording prior to making a decision, these can be obtained directly from EBM. Standard home and contents insurance will not protect against many of the risks that landlord’s face.  Whether it be loss of rent due to an absconding tenant, malicious or accidental damage, or a whole range of other circumstances including tenant hardship, the RentCover range provides peace-of-mind to property owners like no other policy.  And has done for over 25 years.

Stiple pattern image