14 Templeton Street, Maldon, VIC 3463 | Jellis Craig
SOLD

14 Templeton Street, Maldon

Holy Trinity Parsonage (c1867) – a property of historical note and lifestyle excellence

A commanding position on a vast 3,680 sqm (just under an acre) in the centre of town is a fitting setting for the stately and elegant Holy Trinity Parsonage. Built in 1867 at the height of the goldrush, the Parsonage was the home of the town’s Anglican Reverend, John Stretch and later, a favourite visiting place of renowned author Henry Handel Richardson who lived in Maldon between 1880 – 1886 while her mother was the town’s postmistress.

A circular driveway leads to the home’s impressive front entrance. In keeping with the era’s exemplary craftsmanship and attention to detail, the construction is of triple brick rising from stone foundations. A flight of steps leads to an expansive covered front verandah adorned with exquisite fretwork. Step into an interior rich in character and artfully restored. Meticulous attention to detail in preserving the best of mid-Victorian features including soaring 14’ ceilings, polished hardwood floors, deep skirting boards and seven majestic working fireplaces each with ornate timber mantle and surrounds has delivered a home that represents one of the finest mid-Victorian examples in the region.

The original floorplan comprises formal and informal dining and living rooms and a super-king bedroom, all rooms with dual aspect filling them with natural light throughout the day. A sympathetic rear addition completed in 1869 delivers a second entrance with flagstone floor. Step up to a spacious custom designed marble topped kitchen with desirable northerly aspect and garden outlook. With an abundance of cabinetry and bench space, induction cooktop, wall oven, dishwasher and larder, the kitchen is a space of inspiration and creation especially when cooking with vegetables from your own organic vegetable plots. Dine alfresco on the pergola covered patio or relax and enjoy sunset drinks on the front verandah with its views to Mt Tarrengower. Also set within the rear addition is the vast premier suite, two further bedrooms and two bathrooms; family bathroom with claw footed bath, shower, period-style timber vanity and toilet. Flexibility of use offers scope for room conversion for home office/study use. The home’s many highlights include slow combustion heating, reverse cycle air conditioning, laundry with cabinetry, double carport.

The home sits within expansive lawns dotted with mature trees and stone bordered garden beds filled with colourful flowers and leafy plantings kept fresh via an automated watering system. Fully fenced, and with ample room for a swimming pool, the garden is a safe haven for children and pets. A beautiful marble statue and grand decorative urn are features included with the property. Of additional significance are a number of stately eucalypts dotted throughout the property. Professionally assessed to be over 400 years old, these grand trees are rare living examples of a time that pre-dates European settlement.

Holding a significant place in Maldon’s history and combining elegance, liveability and location, Holy Trinity Parsonage is indeed a rare find; one that will appeal to the discerning buyer. With the town’s vibrant shopping and café strip, pre and primary schools, sporting facilities and notable sites all within an easy 400m stroll, the property’s lifestyle credentials are undeniable. Properties of this calibre are rare to the market. This is an unmissable opportunity to secure a slice of Maldon’s history.

Land size: 3,680 Square Metres approx.


Location


Leah Panos

Partner & Senior Sales Consultant


Jeremy Bottomley

Partner & Senior Sales Consultant

Maldon Suburb Report


A reliable snapshot of the property market in Maldon

Property statistics

*Data sourced from REIV

Local schools

14 Templeton Street, Maldon - Floorplan 1