Setting your pool up for winter
- Make sure salt levels are within range
- Empty all baskets of debris, pump and skimmer and regularly empty especially after a storm
- Add Winteriser (chemical) to stop pool from attracting algae (lasts 3 months)
- Make sure water level is half way up the skimmer.
- In case of heavy rain make sure to dump water via filter to waste
- Backwash filter once a month
- NEVER COMPLETELY STOP PUMP OR POOL FILTRATION, MUST RUN MIN OF 4HRS A DAY
- Start solar pump at least once a week for 5 mins or so.
- Test water especially for chlorine levels once a month
Disclaimer - This Article is general in nature and not specific to any particular property and not to be taken as advice.