October 27, 2020
Auctions Are Back
The Victorian Premier has announced further easing of restrictions across Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria. Included in this recent announcement was the return of outdoor property auctions, effective from midnight Sunday 18th October.
The news that restrictions on auctions have been eased is a welcome change for the property market as we can again effectively sell property in an open and transparent manner that many Melbournians are well accustomed to. This change should inspire further confidence among buyers and vendors.
Up to 10 people (registered bidders) are now permitted to attend outdoor auctions in person in Victoria, while property inspections can continue to be run as private appointments. You can read the latest property inspection information here.
At Jellis Craig, we have continued to achieve excellent results throughout this period, which is testament to the great work of our agents and their ability to adapt during what has been a very challenging time for the industry.
While the lifting of some restrictions is welcome news, Jellis Craig will continue to set a high industry standard by maintaining a number of key measures to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff and the wider community.
Our Auction guidelines are:
- Up to 10 registered people (registered bidders) may attend
- Attendance is by pre-registration only
- Attendees must wear a face mask for the entire duration of the auction
- Family or friends may not congregate in the street or at the front of the property
- Standard social distancing and hygiene requirements remain
- Contact details for anyone attending will be recorded for contact tracing purposes
We look forward to continuing to service the needs of our customers and achieving many more outstanding results throughout this period as we welcome buyers back to our auctions.