Exceptional insight into Melbourne’s residential property market
Posted on June 30, 2016
The Report, a comprehensive analysis of Melbourne’s property market.
The Melbourne property market has experienced steady change over the last 12 months, with a shift in the balance of owner-occupier and investor activity that has led to the moderation of house price growth to a more sustainable level across the city.
As the property market continues to adapt to its changing environment, demand for housing has been influenced by a range of economic, demographic and sociocultural factors specific to the community at a local and national level.
The Report by Jellis Craig has been prepared to offer the most recent insight into Melbourne’s inner northern, inner eastern and south eastern property markets. This year’s edition has defined the top 5 factors affecting the Melbourne property market as:
1. The global liveability of Melbourne, which continues to drive interest from abroad
2. Australia’s economic transition to a consumption based open market experiencing slow growth
3. Record low cash rates and rising household debt, which has led to tighter lending conditions
4. Changes to Australia’s foreign investment rules and regulations
5. New developments that continue to evolve within the city
Through a combination of extensive experience, direct observation and research from a variety of industry specialists, The Report provides key insight into the trends that shape the future of local real estate.
Contact your local agent if you would like to receive a copy of The Report.