July 08, 2020
Coronavirus - Buyer FAQ
At Jellis Craig, our priority is supporting our clients and the community throughout this challenging time.
In order to help you understand the current state of play and make informed property related decisions, we have put together a series of frequently asked questions for your reference.
Note: Stage 3 Restrictions apply to Metro Melbourne and Mitchell Shire (from 8th July 11.59pm), if you are located in Regional Victoria and you are under different restrictions, please view this article.
What should l do if I want to buy a property during this time?
If you are considering buying, we are very well prepared to assist you throughout this period and will continue to focus on matching you with the right property. All Jellis Craig properties will continue to be listed on the Jellis Craig website, so we encourage you to keep an eye out for any new listings that meet your criteria. If you are interested in a specific property, please reach out to the sales agent to discuss it further or register to attend the inspection.
Can I still inspect a property?
You are able to inspect a property you are interested in via Private Appointment only and we welcome you to contact us to arrange an appointment or to register to attend via the listing on the Jellis Craig website.
Please read the inspection guidelines here prior to attending.
What are you doing to mitigate the risk of exposure to Coronavirus during private inspections?
We are exercising the utmost care when it comes to hygiene, social distancing practices and Government regulations when hosting inspections.
We have the following guidelines in place;
- All inspections are by Private Appointment only, one attendee and the agent
- Healthy social distancing with the agent (at least 1.5m) must be adhered to while at the property
- Attendees must refrain from touching surfaces within the property and use hand sanitiser where possible
- Anyone who has tested positive to, or has symptoms associated with Coronavirus must not attend an inspection
Are there other ways to view a property if I am unable to attend an inspection?
If you would like to know more about a property without having to physically attend a private inspection, you will find more content online to further showcase property features including, additional photography, property videos and 3D Virtual tours.
How do the current circumstances affect buying property?
At Jellis Craig we have implemented a number of measures to ensure buyers and sellers can still transact throughout this period.
You can buy and sell via a range of different methods including Online Auction, all sale contract can be completed digitally meaning you can purchase the property without needing to come into close contact with others.
How is paperwork signed remotely?
We already use digital contracts to facilitate sales in a seamless manner and will continue to do so throughout this time.
What is an Expression of Interest Campaign?
An Expression of Interest campaign (EOI) is a sales method in which you can purchase a property. It requires any interested buyers to ‘express their interest’ in the property by putting forward an offer to purchase the property directly to the Agent.
- EOI campaigns may advertise a closing date and time, while others may be open-ended without a closing date. It is important to advise the Agent if you are interested in a property so that you can make an offer in the required time frame.
- To ensure your offer is presented to the vendor(s), you must register your interest initially via phone and following by submitting an offer in writing prior to the closing date and time.
- All offers will be communicated to the vendor(s) and the Agent will advise you of the process to conclude the sale.
- It is our approach to ensure that negotiations are transparent, and you will be given every opportunity to participate and make subsequent offers.
- The vendor(s) will decide which offer to accept, based on price and terms.
Confirmation of your offer will be put in writing by the Agent and followed up with appropriate contractual paperwork.